TMAP®: Quality for cross-functional teams including exam
In today’s IT world cross-functional teams are expected to deliver business value with the right quality at speed. TMAP® supports this new way of working towards built-in quality which goes beyond just testing.
This training course provides all people in a high-performance IT delivery team, such as a DevOps or Scrum team, with the required knowledge and skills that are important for building quality in their IT system and gaining confidence that the pursued business value can be achieved.
This training course is based on the book “Quality for DevOps teams” and the TMAP body of knowledge on www.tmap.net
During this training course the participants (that typically are a member of a cross-functional team in any role) will get knowledge and practical experience with the following QA & testing subjects:
- The VOICE model for achieving business value by IT delivery
- IT delivery models, especially DevOps
- Cross-functional teams and continuous quality engineering
- The whole-team approach and relevance for Dev and Ops people
- QA & testing topics such as:
- Reviewing and pull-requests
- Continuous improvement
- Continuous everything, test automation and CI/CD pipeline
- Total cost of quality
- Indicators, reporting and alerting
- Quality measures
- Personal, interpersonal and team skills
- Test varieties (perfomance -, usability -, security testing and more)
- Experience-based testing: exploratory testing and mob testing
- Test design: boundary value analysis, path coverage, condition oriented testing, code coverage and mutation testing.
Structure of the training course
The training course lets participants get experience on these subjects through short introductions followed by relevant exercises and leaves ample room for sharing experiences by all participants. During the course the participants will also practice exam questions.
This training course is for all people working in or with high-performance IT delivery teams (such as DevOps and Scrum). Relevant roles include business analysts, product owners, developers, operations people, quality engineers, testers, users, scrum masters, agile coaches, release train engineers, etc.
Required advance knowledge
For this training course basic knowledge of information technology, working in teams and an Agile way of working is required. There are no specific certifications required.
On the last afternoon of this training course the participants take the 1-hour exam with 30 questions, “TMAP: Quality for cross-functional teams”.