Without an ICT infrastructure we do not have (good) ICT facilities. A properly functioning infrastructure is therefore of great importance. Structured testing of infrastructure leads to a higher quality of infrastructure changes and lower costs of both implementation (the project) and management (operation). For a project, this means risk management and thus more certainty of a successful implementation of changes. But what requirements must infrastructure meet in order to function properly? What challenges are involved? What exactly should be tested? This course addresses these types of issues.
What will you learn?
During this training you will learn how to test infrastructure in a structured, effective and efficient manner using the TMap® Infrastructure approach. The training provides insight into structured infrastructure testing at an operational and organizational level.
After this training:
- Can you indicate the boundaries and importance of testing Infrastructure components;
- Are you familiar with organizing, guiding and performing a Product Risk Analysis;
- Are you able to position the testing of infrastructure within the production process;
- Are you able to identify the differences between testing information systems and infrastructure;
- Are you familiar with the TMap® Infrastructure approach;
- Are you familiar with the challenges that Cloud environments can bring?
What are you going to do?
The training consists of a mix of theory and practical exercises. The emphasis is on being practical with the subject matter. The training is given in the form of a case description supplemented with a number of situation descriptions. These relate to everyday practical situations. Most of the training is aimed at practicing with product risk analyzes and the associated organization of an infrastructure project. This gives you insight into both the theory and best practices of structured infrastructure testing.
Who is this training suitable for?
This training is intended for people with a coordinating role within the infrastructure work area, such as team leaders, service managers, project leaders, change managers or information analysts. This training is also an excellent addition for test coordinators, test managers and infrastructure employees who want to manage (even more and better) on quality.